1. What are your passions?
2. What are my passions?
3. Have you ever burned out on something that you once were passionate about?
4. Unfortunately, we can also lose our passion for God
5. Ps 63:1-8 reminds us what we should be passionate about
We have all experienced “waterless” living (1)
1. Contrast of waterless (no sense of his presence)
2. Why do we lose our passion for God?
a. Mistake passion for God as only emotions – hard to maintain
c. Forgetful (amazing Israelites during Exodus)
d. Pride – focuses on self
In a dry land we must continue to earnestly seek Him
1. We seek because we know the glory of his presence (motivation)
a. Remember past experiences (2-3)
b. Revisit the wondrous truths about God
2. We make seeking a practice of our lives
a. David’s practice – praise, hands, on bed remembering, focus
b. Our practices – Ruth Halley Barton
c. My practices
i. Daily meditation/prayer/journal
ii. 11 a.m. prayer
iii. Walking in sanctuary – walk outside
iv. Evening praying of a Psalm
v. What fits you?
vi. When chaos erupts, start over…
3. We must be tenacious (v.8) – not haphazard pursuit
4. Unison reading of Psalm as our commitment